How do you keep your skin hydrated throughout the day?
How do you keep your skin hydrated your skin during the day after you have done your makeup? Re-touching is mainly for the smudged and smeared makeup getting dissolved by the oils produced by our skin. It won’t be helping with hydrating the skin, and this happens very often for people who suffer from dry skin.
For many of us, we need to get a makeup touch up done by midday. The two most common reasons are; the makeup on our skin is looking cakey, or the oiliness making our makeup looking shiny and greasy, and at the same time, it’s melting away.
There are a few steps that we can do, to reduce these kinds of awkward moments. First, we need to make sure our face is well-prepped with the correct skincare products.
- Cleanse your skin with your favourite cleanser. For me, I always use Lumispa and the treatment cleanser to cleanse my skin before applying makeup.
- Toner is a necessary skin care product to use on our cleansed skin to rebalance the pH of our skin and close the pores and reduce the size of the pores.
- The serum is the third step we do in our skincare after toner. People with oily skin should use a water-based serum because it’s a great way to prevent excess oil production on the skin. If you have dry skin, I would suggest using facial oil to condition your skin, to prevent your skin, which may cause cakey makeup later on the day.
- Moisturised your skin. Promise me, do not miss the moisturiser even if you have oily and acne-prone skin. For people like us, our skin produces more sebum if we don’t keep it moisturised. If you have oily skin like me, use a water gel-based or water-based moisturiser. It will keep the skin moisturised without feeling heavy and greasy. Again, if you have dry skin, it would be best to use an oil-based moisturiser.
- Sunscreen is always at the last step of our skincare routine. It’s also essential to apply it to our skin. On top of preventing the pre-mature ageing signs on our skin and defends our skin from getting free radicals damaged and against the harm from the UV rays.
- Primer, I don’t use primer myself. I find that it makes my skin flaky, but by all means, I have many clients who told me that primer does make a big difference with both the flawless look when applying the foundation and the lasting of the makeup.
These are the basic steps to keep our skin in its best condition to allow the makeup to go smoother and last longer, but it doesn’t end there. Choosing the right makeup products also play a big part in keeping our skin hydrated, and have longer-lasting makeup. If you already have oily skin, rather than choosing a matte look, try a semi-matte look foundation.
We can always touch up upon the makeup to remain the fresh look. But when our skin gets dry during the day, we can not reapply our moisturiser on top of the makeup to hydrate our skin. There’s a product called hydrating mist. We can carry them around with us to keep our skin hydrated on the go whenever need our skin needs hydration.
There is one in particular which I like the best, due to its ingredients, the size and the cost. Overall it gives the best hydration benefit and, it’s the best value for our money. The product’s name is NaPca moisture mist, 250ml for only NZD 27 compared to other facial mist sprays available in the drugstores. Even with just Thermal Water Spray cost about the same price at NZD27.99, for 300ml. Other hydrating mists that consist of natural ingredients cost an average price of NZD33.99 for 100ml.
As any mother would do, we compared for the best in both the price and the quality. NaPCA moisture mist has fine quality at a better price than other hydrating mists at the same level of quality.
NaPCA moisture mist
Dewy-fresh skin is just a spray away.
Packed with natural moisturebinding ingredients like NaPCA, hyaluronic acid, and urea, this formula keeps your skin feeling fresh. The cool, refreshing mist is also ideal for the body and hair.
- Oil-free moisturizing spray.
- Each spray is a cool breeze of intense conditioning.
- Convenient to carry with you wherever you go – the beach, the pool, the office.
- 100% Fragrance Free.
- Safety-Allergy-Dermatologist Tested.
- Increases moisture level, making skin feel supple and smooth and hair feel silky soft.
- Protects against the damaging drying effects of wind, polluted air, and other environmental influences.
- Makes an impressive static-fighter for your hair.
- Features the humectants NaPCA and hyaluronic acid to bind moisture to your skin and hair.